Thursday, October 14, 2010

Netfilixin

I kinda sucked on that Scott Pilgrim review. I'll be taking a mulligan on that one some time later.

It might be a bit of a wait, though.

Why?

Because Netflix. That's why.

Netflix is like a video store in your home. And what was the best part of video stores? It wasn't the latest and greatest. I'd already seen those. It was the old and the worst. Movies whose covers or descriptions made me have to rent them. Video stores are how I discovered Evil Dead 2. And how I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger and Kirk Douglas in a western.

I will, one day, fill in the gaps of classic cinema viewing thanks to Netflix, but until then I'll be watching films like Thankskilling.

One day, I will try to review that film. But it throws a lot at you, in fairly rapid succession. None of it good.

As I was watching this, I wanted to be jotting down notes, doing a real time review.

Which is what I'm going to do right now, for a little film called Ninja Cheerleaders.

No comments: