Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Whip It

Whip It was good. Full of people I like. Some that I forgot I liked. And one lady who I don't like but was used perfectly. Julliette Lewis strikes me as strange and unpleasant, which is what she was in this film. And what he hell has Daniel Stern been doing? And why isn't Ellen Page in more stuff? She is adorable! And Drew Barrymore plays a good violent stoner.

And the plot wasn't quite as cookie cutter as I was expecting. It was way more of a Rocky 1 ending, when I was expecting a Rocky 2 and up ending. It was a happy ending sure, but not near as syrupy and over the top as it could have been.

Do I want to recap the plot? Not really. Ellen Page is unhappy, she discovers Roller Derby, and falls in love. Simple story, simply told. And adorable.

No comments: